- 1. Tell us a bit about yourself. What makes you, you; and why have you chosen to work at Evoplay Entertainment?
I’m the Product Owner at Evoplay Entertainment, one of the gambling industry’s most exciting game developers!
We’ve developed smash-hit slots ranging from the RPG-inspired blockbuster, Dungeon: Immortal Evil, to the more recent Treasure Mania, which follows a hardworking dwarf’s action-packed standoff with a thieving, greedy goblin, Roblin.
Simply put, I chose to work here because I love gaming! Turning my hobby into a career has been a privilege, especially when you get to work with like-minded people who share your passion – and I couldn’t be happier.
- We love big wins, so please let us know the top 3 winnings ever paid by Evoplay?
Who doesn’t love a big win? December 2019 was a particularly strong month for our players, with blockbuster prizes dished out left, right and centre, and I’m sure it won’t be forgotten any time soon!
Looking at other standouts, our fun-filled hit Hot Triple Sevens once rewarded a winner with €43,000, with Western Reels paying out more than €80,000. More recently, one lucky punter netted a whopping €50,000 on Treasure Mania, another reason to call it a great game!
- You have an impressive slots portfolio, can you name the best three slots ever released by Evoplay Entertainment?
Since we’ve got so many fantastic games, that’s a very tough question. You could make a strong case for all of them, but first place must go to Dungeon: Immortal Evil for its revolutionary, reel-free gameplay – there’s simply nothing else like it.
Valley of Dreams is another fascinating title, with a visual design inspired by the far-East and blooming sakura covering the reels. Last but not least, an exciting combination of circus-inspired gameplay and thrilling features gives Midnight Show the final place on the list – give it a spin, and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- Looking to the future, what is the next big release Evoplay Entertainment is planning?
We’re planning to launch 40 new games; each exploring different themes and settings in a way that is sure to excite players. The biggest item on our agenda, however, is a flagship science fiction title with an intriguing fantasy element. Stay tuned to find out more!
- In a market with hundreds of game studios, what would you say is Evoplay Entertainment’s biggest differentiator?
High-quality visual designs make our titles look more like video games than the content typically found in today’s casino industry. Throw in cross-channel optimisation of a standard you won’t find elsewhere, and a Spinential game engine that accelerates download speeds by x10, and it’s clear that we are a supplier that stands out from the pack.
- We would love to hear more about the slot creation process. Can you let us know which is the most exciting part of the entire process when creating a new slot?
For me, it’s the prototype stage. That’s where you establish the game’s foundational elements, and it at all begins with the storyline, design and the game’s potential features.
Creating a demo version is another part of that process, and testing different ideas out is a hugely rewarding experience. That’s how we find out what works – and what doesn’t.
- How can you tell if a game is going to be a hit or not?
That depends on the game’s various technical and visual aspects. Setting plays a key role – mechanics and features are often a strong predictor of commercial performance.
For example, richer graphics and more advanced gamification functionalities, such as jackpots and tournaments, tend to prove more popular, especially in a contemporary iGaming market that’s saturated by a constant groundswell of content.
Of course, it’s not an exact science – some slots confound expectations, and others don’t. That’s the magic of the creative process!
- Switching our attention to casinos, with so many options out there, can you let us know which are your top 3 casino preferences?
I would go with the three following criteria:
- Accessibility and rapid loading and download speeds.
- A wide variety of fun and interesting games.
- Reputation and reliability – certified games, RTPs of more than 96% and, of course, strong customer feedback.
- Did you use to play slots before entering the iGaming industry? Can you share your biggest win on an online slot (you don’t have to name the stake, just the multiplier and the game is more than enough)?
Without a doubt! For game developers, understanding what players want is priority number one. It’s all about knowing which features and mechanics are best suited to a particular game from the perspective of the end-user.
A few years back, I won a x300 prize on a land-based slot machine. Perhaps that’s why I’ve taken such a strong interest in bonus settings!
- What are your hobbies?
I’ve always enjoyed strategy games which are simple yet compelling, such as Rubik’s cubes and collectible card games. My other recreational pursuits include reading, particularly about psychology, history and philosophy.
In general, I try to spend my free time on activities that contribute to my personal development, both mentally and, through exercise, physically.
- What has been your biggest challenge and your most significant success in the gambling industry?
Working in iGaming, the biggest challenge is to think creatively on a consistent basis. Technically speaking, video slots have a specific structure that must be adhered to, relating to reels, paylines, math models and in-game features.
That makes thinking out-of-the-box a challenge – but one that I relish. The introduction of the 3D genre has been another interesting development, and one that we certainly haven’t seen the last of.
- If you weren’t in the gambling industry, what other industry would you want to work in?
Developing games is what I love. For that reason, I’d probably work in the video gaming space. A more left-field alternative might be directing films – especially in the fantasy or thriller genre!