Netent has embraced the buccaneering style, bringing to us what it would seem to be one of the best designed pirate-themed slot machines out there. Rage of the Seas is no shy of great features as well as quality graphics along with decent sound effects.
The 5-reel game puts up a 96.04% RTP rating which is a bit low considering the average of Netent’s releases. The initial 5×4 grid hosts 1,024 winning ways but can go as high as 5,488 when the free spins feature is active.
Boost feature: The ship comes to life when the free spins are active. In order to trigger the Boost feature, boost symbols must subsequently land on reels 2, 3 and 4. Additionally, a monkey will appear to expand the reels and award four feature spins.
Rage of the Seven Seas: Awards various power-ups (modifiers) depending on the active flag.
- Spreading wilds – Players get 1×1 wild symbols landing on reels 2, 3 or 4 which add up to two extra wilds (excluding reels 1 and 5).
- Stacked wilds – Players land a 1×4 stacked wild which may also appear on reels 2, 3 and 4.
- Major reel upgrade – removes anchor and barrel symbols and thus creating opportunities to gain bigger wins.
- Minor reel upgrade – Steering Wheel and Bottle symbols are removed.
- Multiplier – All wins multiplied with 2x.
Free spins feature: It can be triggered two-ways when players either land three consecutive Boost symbols or through the boost feature. To conclude, 3, 4 or 5 scatters anywhere on the grid will award 5, 8 or 12 free spins respectively.
- Amazing design.
- Decent payouts.
- Symbol value.