- Tell us a bit about Silverback Gaming, why did you decide to found the company?
Following our success with Cayetano Gaming, in 2019 I teamed up with Ivaylo to create a new iGaming business and after a small round of fundraising, we signed a distribution deal with Relax Gaming and Silverback Gaming was born! We assembled a strong team at Silverback and our first games, Aztec Luck and Mystery Stacks have exceeded expectations, both winning awards already.
- What sort of big wins can players expect from Silverback games?
The Golden Sail is a particular favourite for mega wins, the volatility in this game is rated high and it features an RTP of 95 per cent, with players potential max win set at 10,000x their original bet!
- Looking to the future, what types of games will you be releasing?
Our focus is on the development of high volatility slot games created with sticky mechanics and beautiful graphics. We have future plans to go out of the “normal” mode for slots and try to innovate with new ways of entertaining the player. This can happen in the direction of new progressive jackpots, reel mechanics, stateful game features, grouped betting, AR/VR graphics, nothing is off the table.
- What is the next major release Silverback Gaming is planning?
Our next major release will be The Golden Sail. It will be available via Relax Gaming‘s Silver Bullet platform next month, do not miss it!
- In a market with hundreds of game studios, what would you say is Silverback Gaming’s biggest differentiator?
We like to play our games a lot and we play other games too. It’s very important to understand the player which is continually evolving and shifting in preference. The way we differentiate ourselves is in the game mechanics, especially the mathematics behind the games. Our team has great experience experimenting with features and we plan to mix things up a lot.
- We would love to hear more about the slot creation process. Can you let us know which is the most exciting part of the entire process when creating a new slot?
I find the very start to be the most exciting. When a game is just a concept anything is possible, we get the team together for a discussion and throw all the ideas on the table.
- Switching our attention to casinos, with so many options out there, can you let us know which are your top 3 casino preferences?
As the co-founder of Cayetano which was sold to Paddy Power (now part of Flutter Entertainment) in 2011, I have to say Paddy Power, Betfair and Pokerstars! Paddy Power Games in particular has been a great place to test our games for the last decade.
- Did you use to play slots before entering the iGaming industry? Can you share with us your biggest win on an online slot?
A little here and there – I have a fond memory of my dad taking me to a casino in the 90s and giving me a single chip. I chanced it on an individual number at roulette and won 36x. You can imagine how my young brain thought it was on to something so I tried to replicate the win 36 times but of course lost it all!
- What are your hobbies?
Reading maths, coding maths, eating maths, sleeping maths.
- If you weren’t in the gambling industry, what other industry would you want to work in?
Who knows, I imagine I’d be a crazy maths professor!